Saturday, March 16, 2013

St. Patrick's Day 5K -- I DID IT!!!!

Eliza and Sammy happily waiting for me to arrive.  It was very cold outside.  Doesn't Sammy look like a homeless child?  That shouldn't be funny but it makes me laugh. Love those sweet faces.


Here I am towards the finish line. So happy to see familiar faces.  Like my mask?  I wasn't sure whether to bring it.  I'm so glad I did.  With the wind chill, it felt like -2 degrees outside.  Wow, that is cold. When the wind blew in our faces, I'd hear people groan in pain.  Thankfully, I wasn't groaning, just weezing... hehe.  Oh and I'm not as fat as I look, I'm wearing a sweatshirt under my St. Patrick's Day shirt. :)

37.21 minutes to do the 5K.  I was really happy with that.  I felt soooo slow when people were going past me.  But I stayed steady and didn't stop to walk until a little after 2 miles.  I still have some residual gunk in my chest and it was making it a bit difficult to breath. I think I may have walked a total of 5 minutes here and there.  Maybe not even that much.  I don't know.  I'm not going to complain.  It was cold, I'm barely over a cold and my phone died so I didn't have music to listen to, and many other things that came up that made me wake up this morning feeling unsure but I did it anyway and I'm proud and grateful I did.
My little fans were cheering me on when I ran passed them.  It really warmed my heart.  I asked Jared if he coached them to to cheer me on but nope, it came from their hearts.  They ran to me afterwards and were so proud of me.  It felt great.  Can you believe that crazy people in Fargo run in this weather!?!  Now, I'm one of them and proud of it, don'tcha know. ;)


 
Totally worth it.  Afterwards, I went to a local restaurant/bar and got my favorite chicken tortilla soup to take home.  It was heavenly to my cold body. Then I hopped in the shower and warmed my muscles then massaged oil into my muscles to help them recover.  I'm sure I'll be fine. 3.1 miles isn't that far but it is the first step in a very wonderful direction in my life.  On to do more 5K runs in the future and train for the 10K in May at the Fargo Marathon.  EEEK. :)
 
 
****** FYI, in my last post, I changed the candida questionnaire.  I wasn't happy with the link I had initially.  So, if you want to take a different questionnaire, check it out.


****** Day 6 - 21-Day Meditation.  Today was just what I needed.  Focused on relaxing all the different parts of my body and expressing gratitude for them.  The centering thought was: "I am perfect. I am healthy.  I am strong."  Just what I needed to keep my mind on today for the run.    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment