Friday, January 25, 2013

I Need to quiet my mind...


 


There are many methods to help quiet the mind.  You can do deep breathing, visualizations, meditation, music, or journaling, etc..  All are wonderful methods that I enjoy doing.  Another option is a product I love and use if I'm stressed, headachy and restless is a "Still Point Inducer".  I've had one for years.  There is no way I could explain this in my own words and do it justice, so I'll just share with you what it says on the back of the packaging.

"The Still Point Inducer was inspired by osteopathic physician John E. Upledger, develop of CranioSacral Therapy.  It helps relieve pain and discomfort by creating a pause called a still point to strengthen the central nervous system.  Use this effective product every day to help alleviate problems with infection, congestion, headaches, musculoskeletal problems, or whenever you want to release stress and unwind.
 
"'Cerebrospinal fluid bathes and flushes every cell of the brain.  It carries in nutrients, washes away waste products, and helps control pH (acid) levels.  Since CranioSacral Therapy and the proper daily use of the Still Point Inducer enhances the flow of cerebrospinal fluid, it becomes an effective health enhancer for your brain and spinal cord."' - Dr. John Upledger


 Part of my initial training in massage school was craniosacral therapy.  It is one of my favorite modalities.  It takes me to a level of relaxation that I don't normally reach while sleeping.  When a session is done and I finally come back to earth, my brain feels clear and open and all is well is the world.  It's truly a lovely feeling. 

In the description, it mention that the Still Point is a pause in the craniosacral rhythm.  Through research, they've discovered that when a person reaches Still Point, their body goes into therapeutic mode and accelerates the healing process. 

If you are strapped for cash and can't buy one.  Just put two tennis balls in a sock and tie it so the tennis balls can't move at all.  That is a great and effective alternative. 



Directions for Use: 
1. Choose a comfortable surface -- sofa, bed or floor -- ad lie on your back.
2. Place the Still Point Inducer under your head in line with the top of your ears (about 2 to 3 inches above the junction of your neck and skull).
3. Allow the weight of your head to rest on the Still Point Inducer. 
4. Close your eyes and relax.
5. Feel free to use the Still Point Inducer for 10-15 minutes up to four time a day.

Story Time: My dear Audrey when she first saw the Still Point Inducer, she thought it looked like a pair of breasts.  It is so hard for me to not burst out laughing because I catch her putting it under her shirt and checking herself out in the mirror.  Or she'll walk around with it over her chest and boy does she giggle when she sees that I've caught her.  Funny girl.  When I was a little girl, I just used socks. :)
 
 
Time for a cup of tea and use my Still Point Inducer. 
Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Since I love craniosacral therapy I thought I would go ahead and try this. I just ordered one. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks Marvia!

    ReplyDelete