Thursday, January 10, 2013

Nothing like a massage at home

This is not a picture of me.... but I had a lot of tension in between my shoulder blades!!!

 
 
A perk of being a massage therapist is doing trades with fellow massage therapist friends.  I go to their house and vice versa.  It's lovely.  On Tuesday night, my good friend Randi came over to work on me. 
 
The type of massage I like to receive is not a "fluff and buff".  If I want results that will last then I get a therapeutic massage.  Therapeutic massage can come from a variety of different modalities but the common goal is to see over all change and improvement in the muscle tissue and body structure.  Randi delivered.  It hurt so good! 
 
Massage has several benefits.  It improves range of motion in joints, removes muscles tension, helps with pain management, increases blood and lymph circulation.  It can help with removing toxins from the body, improve digestion, headaches, etc.... and it always helps you relax.  You may not experience relaxation during the massage. Sometimes you may feel like you have to do some Lamaze breathing to cope with the intensity but the relaxation is always a byproduct.  Totally worth it.
 
Randi did such a great job releasing the tension in my rhomboids (muscles between your shoulder blades).  I have always been tight there.  The freedom I feel now in my shoulders and back is wonderful.  I slept extremely well that night and I still feel the effects and benefits from the massage a couple days later.
 
If you don't have a massage therapist, find one.  Especially if you struggle with being able to settle your body down at night to fall asleep.  Massage will help.  Find someone that will come to your home. That way, you don't have to climb into a car and get all tense again.  I love going to my clients homes. There is something comforting about getting a massage in the comfort of your own home. After the massage, you can just go to sleep.  Heaven.  
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment