Monday, January 21, 2013

An alternative to Tylenol...

This weekend, Sammy and Michael both had high fevers.  My gut sometimes wants to rush to the cabinet and pull out Tylenol.  Fevers are a way for the body to help fight off whatever is causing havoc in the system.  It shouldn't be stopped unless it gets to high. 

What I decided to do for my boys since they both had colds and coughs was to use a couple Essential Oils to help with all of their symptoms. 

                                         

Among many things, Eucalyptus helps with any respiratory problem and opens up nasal air passages.  It also cools down the system when a fever gets too high.

Peppermint also has a wide range of uses but I chose to use it for the boys because it also helps with the three things I mentioned above with Eucalyptus.  The other reason why I wanted to use Peppermint is because it magnifies all other oils you use.  It takes the power up a notch or two. 

For Michael, I just used a drop per foot and rubbed the oils all around his toes.  In Reflexology, toes are related to the head, sinuses, etc.  I also rubbed in the balls of his feet where the lung reflexes are.  His fever came down fairly quickly afterwards.  He's still fighting this cough that has turned more asthmatic.  For that, I use our nebulizer and have him breath saline solution.  That helps.

I did the same protocol with Samuel and I also put the oil on his chest as well.  (I put Frankincense on Michael's chest because it breaks up mucus and helps with respiratory needs)

I love having natural solutions to help my children heal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment