Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Blood and Hacking up a lung!

Story Time: On Saturday night, it was just me and the kids (Jared went on a spontaneous road trip with his brother to a Vikings game).  Everyone was settled in for bed.  I went to bed and was ready for some great sleep.  12:30 am: I hear screaming.  My sweet Sammy woke up with a bloody nose (he wiped a small sample on the wall... gross!).  He is prone to nosebleeds but it has never come at night.  That was pretty scary for the little man.  So he slept in bed with me and wanted me to hold him just so.  The girls found their way into my bed as well and were kicking each other and crying.  So I had to carry them back to bed and re-tuck them in.  It was so disruptive that it made getting us all ready for church an emotional adventure.
Michael slept through the night.  Lucky boy!

It just occurred to me that there is probably a way to help nose bleeds with E.O.  Oh well, next time I'll try out what I read.



 
Story Time #2: Yesterday I was running errands with a friend while kids were on a play date.  When I went to pick up the kids, Eliza was coughing nonstop.  I felt bad for her spreading germs with the other children.  Her cough continued to be constant throughout the evening and was extremely uncomfortable.  I got out my E.O. reference book and double checked on which oils I should use for her cough.  I love to play with oils and see what they'll do.  Since her coughing was one after the other, I decided to go full force. 

I put a drop or 2 of each oil in the palm of my left hand and then some (not much) V-6 oil to dilute it just a bit so it wasn't too intense on her skin.  With the tips of my fingers on my right hand, I would mix the oil in a *clockwise circular motion (there is a reason for that).  Then I applied the oil to her chest and neck and feet.  She would calm down almost immediately and this would settle her cough down to almost nothing for 2-3 hours.  We repeated this process throughout the night.  She's still coughing but not nearly as much as yesterday.  We'll continue to do this today. 

It amazes me how much the oils comfort my children as well.

These are the oils I used for various reason to combat all potential reasons for her cough:
 
 


1. Frankincense: Among many things, it is anti-catarrhal, anti-infectious, expectorant, immune-stimulant, and sedative.  It helps with asthma, colds, coughs, inflammation, respiratory problems, tension and strengthens the immune system.
 
2. Eucalyptus radiata: Anti-bacterial, anti-catarrhal, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and expectorant. Helps with bronchitis, sinusitis and many other things.
 
3. Melaleuca alternifolia: Analgesic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-parasitic, antiseptic, anti-viral, decongestant, expectorant, and immune stimulant. Helps with the respiratory system, bronchitis, colds, coughs and lots more. 



 
 
 
4. Peppermint: analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antispasmodic, etc... and among other things it helps with asthma, bronchitis, fever, respiratory function, and FATIGUE.
 
5. R.C.: Blend with Eucalyptus (E. globulus), Myrtle, Pine, Marjoram, Eucalyptus radiate, Eucalyptus citirodora, Lavender, Cypress, Tsuga, Peppermint.  Helps with Respiratory System, decongest, allergy-type symptoms, coughs, lung congestion.
 
6. Thieves: Blend of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus radiate, and Rosemary cineol.  Helps with bronchitis, pneumonia, coughs, infection, viruses, flue, etc... 
 
 
* The reason why you mix the oil in your hand in a clockwise circular motion is because it sets the oil molecules in a clockwise spin.  This is important because the cells in our body also rotate in a clockwise spin.  When applying oils to the body that have been mixed this way, it improves the quality of cell absorption in the body.  Interesting huh?  Science is fascinating.  Of course, you will still receive benefits if you don't do this.
 
 
 
Here's to healthy children and a better nights rest tonight!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This is great. Thanks for sharing. I used the eucalyptus all weekend for my cough as well. I couldn't find the theives that you recommended when I needed it so bought eucalyptus. It really worked! I hope Eliza continues to feel well.

    ReplyDelete