Monday, February 4, 2013

Start a Love Train

Story Time: I own lots of 70's clothes.  As a teenager, 70's was my go to outfit for Halloween and dress up parties.  I celebrated my 20th birthday at a roller skating rink with my hair in a fro and wearing fantastic bright clothes and platforms dancing (and falling on my butt) while skating.  My sister and I had a 70's theme Thanksgiving that rocked our world.  I was born in the wrong decade.  70's music hits my soul in a place nothing can.  "Love Train" is one of my favorite songs.  I had our wedding DJ play it at the reception.  LOVED IT!!! It makes me want to get down a groove soul-train style (like I did at my friend Tiff's house growing up with her parents).  The message is also important to me... Love to all mankind throughout the world.  Beautifully fun! 

As I've organized goals for the month, here are some activities I'd like to do:
  • Spend a week focusing on what we love about ourselves.  Celebrate what we have been divinely blessed with.  We must recognize our talents and gifts in order to use them to bless others.  It's important to show gratitude for those gifts as well.  How sad if all we saw were our shortcomings and didn't take time to feel the joy of all the good we have within us because of a loving Father in Heaven.
  • 2nd week focus on what we love about our family and send notes to them
  • Make Valentine's Boxes with my kids so we can write love notes to each other and express what we value in each other. 
  • 3rd week focus on what we love about our friends and express our love to them through notes and gifts.
  • 4th week focus on our wonderful neighbors and express that appreciation for having them in our lives.
  • Make Valentine decorations with the children to create open dialogue on love and what it is that we love about each other, life and how to express it not just in February but always.
  • I'm going to make more of an effort to write in my journal about the blessings  I receive daily and in my prayers express my love to God for ALL the many blessings and tender mercies He offers me. 


This may sound cheesy but
 I hope you join me on this "Love Train".
(Yep, that's horribly cheesy!  Totally worth it.)

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking today about ways to cultivate a little more self-love within myself. That sounds weird, but I have been feeling like I really have lost the ME I used to be. I know we have seasons in our lives, and as women we sort of follow the ebb and flow and roll with tides as they come. I am so many things to so many others, but who am I to myself? This is why I LOVE this blog, Marv. You pose questions that make others think, and I really enjoy your insight and ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvia, your blog always has exactly what I'm needing to read! I love it.

    ReplyDelete