Monday, February 11, 2013

Making Weaknesses Strong

This past week rocked me emotionally.  The goal was to focus on my gifts but it seemed that my weaknesses were blaring in my face.  It is hard to look at raw realty of where I fall short and the consequences of my weaknesses. 

Lack of discipline and consistency is something I have struggled with my entire life (except as a missionary, I did well).  This time of painful honesty with myself has brought about strong conversations with Jared about various goals or dreams/hopes I have for our family and that I need to overcome this if I'm going to realize my goals and desires.  While setting goals for myself and announcing them to everyone on here, it has helped me to improve but I still have a long way to go. 

I'm so grateful that Jared is my husband.  He is strong where I am weak.  On the flip side, I'm strong where he is weak.  So enough of my struggles, on to the good stuff.  A few things that I love about myself:
  • I have been blessed with a gift to facilitate others in the healing process.
  • I have been blessed with a heart that is able to feel tremendous love for a lot of people.
  • I have been blessed with a forgiving heart.
  • I have been blessed with empathy.
  • I have been blessed with the gift to be silly and laugh at life.
  • I have been blessed with a love of learning.  I thirst after knowledge.
One other thing that I love about myself that I believe will help me overcome my weaknesses is I have been blessed with faith in Jesus Christ.  There is a scripture found in the Book of Mormon that I find comfort in.  In Ether 12:27, it reads:



I believe that as I make time and sincere effort to come closer unto Christ, He will show me my weaknesses.  Not to make me feel helpless.  No, so I may humble myself and ALLOW Him to help me become strong.  I must do my part in order to be moldable. Lots of humility is needed.  I have to get over myself and what I perceive myself to be.  I must trust that what He sees is greater than what I see.

To become a disciplined and consistent person is a critical part of my journey to thriving.

Life is great! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment