Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love Thy Neighbor

 Part of our "love month" was to share our love and appreciation for neighbors.  The kids (mostly Audrey) and I enjoyed making fruit baskets with great stickers I printed out from Twig & Thistle.  The stickers have great little sayings to match the fruit like, "Orange you glad you're my Valentine?" or "You're the Apple of my eye" or "I love you, berry berry much!", etc. 

We have been blessed with wonderful neighbors.  We wish there was more time to get to know them all.  It seems my little world is so busy that it is nice to take hold of these opportunities during a holiday to show that we care and are grateful to be in this neighborhood.

The kiddos were also able to make valentines and be a part of a couple parties to exchange valentines.  It was sweet to watch the excitement they had to share their love with friends.  We've been discussing the importance of friends, family, neighbors and why we need to make an effort to show our love and appreciation. 

My hope and prayer is that my children will value the relationships in their lives and make them a priorities over frivolous things.  I hold that prayer for myself as well.  I don't ever want to lose sight on what is important.



Story Time: When we were shopping to get ready to deliver our baskets.  At our last store, the kids could no longer maintain their behavior (there were awesome up until Costco).  Michael was screaming.  Samuel ran to the bathroom while I was checking out.  When I went to get him, he locked the door and was taking his sweet time.  Then Audrey had to use the bathroom and proceeded to sing at the top of her lungs for all to hear.  Michael's patience was gone.  Mine was thinning by the minutes.  Thankfully those around me just gave sympathetic smiles and I'm sure they were wondering how I do it.  That question crossed my mind as well.  In the end, totally worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment